In our busy lives, we find it really challenging to spare quality time towards our health. Here are few amazing healthy lifestyle tips which can be easily squeezed in your busy lives.
Everyone is too busy now-a-days. If we look at our daily schedule, the top priorities for us are generally work, kids and home. Most of us spend our entire day on these priorities. Though everyone feels the need to spare some time for health, but only few of us are able to achieve this.
Every task requires time.
The general belief is that any health related activity including Gym, Yoga etc may require sparing at least 1-2 hours per day.
In contrary to the general belief, I want to share some amazing health lifestyle tips which can be easily incorporated in your busy schedule without using too much of your time. Not just this, implementing these tips will also make you feel great the entire day.
Here you go!!
1. Drink lots of water/fluids – This is no secret. Water is required for smooth running of majority of our bodily functions. For the same, we require to drink at least 7-8 glasses of water/fluids every-day.
Tip – Drink at least 2 glasses of water when you wake up. Make a habit to drink some water whenever you return from toilet. Keep a water bottle handy at your working table. Drink 1-2 glasses of water before going to bed.
2. Eat healthy – Everyone knows this. Never skip breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day. Eat small portions of food at regular intervals. Focus on balanced diet with mix of protein, carbohydrates and fat rich foods.
Tip – Keep roasted cereals with you near your working desk. Have them whenever you have an urge to eat something. They are not only tasty but also very healthy. Carry fruits (like apple, banana, pears etc) or salads to work and use them as fillers between meals.
3. Keep track of your nutrient levels – This is really important. The key ones are calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12. Majority of body pains (including pain in bones, muscles), neurological symptoms (like weak memory, brain fog); body weakness and tiredness are due to deficiency of these three.
Tip – Keep track of these nutrients by doing blood tests every six months. Supplement any deficiencies if required after consulting with your family doctor.
4. Run regularly – This is most basic. Running has tremendous health benefits. It keeps heart, lungs and bones healthy. It keeps stress levels to the minimum and helps in reducing weight. It makes you strong and energetic.
Tip – Try to incorporate running in your morning schedule if possible. You need not spend much time here. Running for only 12-15 minutes in a day will give you all the benefits mentioned above. Just inculcate this habit in your routine.
5. Stretch to have great health – This one is interesting. Stretching provides your body overall flexibility, your joints range of motion and releases tightness from all areas in your body. Stretching is a kind of ‘semi-yoga’ with very little time commitments, yet with huge health benefits. Stretching routines generally take 5-10 minutes every day and can be done very easily at home.
Tip – Read and learn about stretching for initial kick-start. Spare 5-10 minutes daily for this health routine. You may also download and use some wonderful free ‘stretching apps’ on your mobile to do regular stretching sessions.
6. Avoid late night meals – This is must for maintaining a healthy digestive system. If you frequently encounter poor digestion and acid reflux problems, following this routine will reduce the episodes of your problems. This one habit will also help you with a sound sleep.
Tip – As far as possible, have your dinner early and at a fixed time every day. Having fennel seeds after food is a great way to boost digestion. Brush your teeth after dinner in order to suppress any further desire to eat in night. Take a small walk after dinner and before retiring to bed.
7. Don’t compromise on sleep – This is obvious. Sleeping keeps us sane. We require minimum 7-8 hours of sleep for healthy life. It is interesting to note that during the sleep our brain flushes out toxic chemicals which get produced when we are awake. During the sleep only, our brain re-structures our thoughts & memories and makes their impressions stronger, which boosts our long term memory and improves our effectiveness & productivity.
Tip – Don’t consider sleeping as a waste of time. Sleep enhances our creativity and capacity to think. Even small naps during any time of the day can help us in the similar way.
Value your health. It is really important to you. Use the above healthy lifestyle tips to make most of it!!
Like the column? Sign up and you will never miss a post.